Friday, October 17, 2008

Bondi Beach, Australia







Land of the Beautiful!!! Beautiful beaches, beautiful people..... this place is amazing - In town was "Sculpture by the Sea." Tons of sculptures along a gorgeous path along the sea for probably over a mile. I found a place at the end of the path to spend my morning - reading, doing yoga, meditating....the perfect spot. I'll have photos up soon and you can see all the sculptures. I haven't found a place yet where I can spend enough time online to upload a bunch of photos. Last time I put pics on my KODAK site it took an hour to upload 7 photos. So they're coming!

I found out that it costs $1 to make calls to a mobile phone (as opposed to $0.50 for land lines) when trying to call Brett (Scott Kennedy's brother). I met up later on with Brett Kennedy (Scott Kennedy's brother) and his girlfriend Sarah, and their 2 friends that were in town from Christchurch, NZ) and went for drinks and Tapas. Grand time!


Another thing I've learned is that the usual "vegetarian" pizza is with pumpkin and butternut squash...delightful! And that coffee always has one shot (unless you ask for another!) so no ordering a "double tall americano" here, that would mean nothing to Australian baristas.

I really only had one full day in Bondi, but managed to get in a sunrise beach run. Bondi beach is like a full on fitness center at 6am! People all over jogging, surfing, hitting pads, doing drills and probably CrossFit. It's quite a scene.

No comments: