Thursday, November 13, 2008

Leaving the Hokianga

You haven't lived until you've spent a day shoveling cow poop...

And then shared the back of a truck with it.


I love it here so much, I've been here nearly a month now and it's really feeling like home. But I am traveling so I can travel, so time to move on. Some interesting and fun things I've experienced here:

- the neighbor about 1/2 mile up the road comes on Thursdays for his "weekly shower"

- a policeman was in town yesterday do make a report and came in and had lunch with us

- today I shoveled cow poop for 2 hours and actually felt content in it (Andy, tell Becky I was thinking of her while shoveling poo)

- I read in a Deepak Chopra book (which may or may not be true, but seems realistic to me) this week that 90% of our thoughts are the same thoughts we had yesterday....this is the beauty of this lifestlye...that's not the case here :)

- before lunch and dinner we walk out into the garden and pick our lettuce, veges and herbs for the salad, which they have religiously twice a day.

- I am getting used to not having a garbage can

(and I have updated photos from MANAWA VALLEY and added MORE WAIORA GARDENS PHOTOS) There are a lot from Angelas gardens!

No comments: